As of yet there has been no cure found for Herpes, however, there have been numerous remedies discovered that can help you manage your herpes breakout more effectively. Living with herpes is definitely not easy and it can greatly affect the quality of your life. Herpes breakouts are common and it can be difficult to manage them if you don’t have proper knowledge about the disease. That is why we have decided to provide you with important tips that will help you in managing your herpes breakout more effectively.
Tips for Managing Your Herpes
There are some easy ways in which you can manage your herpes breakout and it can make life very easy for you when you are living with herpes. Here are some of them:
- Avoid touching your herpes sores
- Avoid all sexual contact till the symptoms disappear
- Wash your hands frequently throughout the day
- Keep your lesions clean and dry
- Wear cotton underwear and loose-fitted clothing
- Drink lots of water
- Reduce stress in your life
- Use ice packs to ease the pain in your genitals
- Apply vitamin A and vitamin E directly on to the sores
- Eat almonds, cereals, cashews, chocolate, corn, chicken, meat, nuts, seed and dairy products
- Don’t consume citrus fruits or juices
Genital Herpes Pain Relief
People who are suffering from genital herpes may experience lots of discomfort and uncomfortable situations during their outbreak. It can be extremely distressing to experience a genital herpes outbreak and is embarrassing for the person, causing them stress and anxiety as well. It is recommended that you eliminate stress and anxiety from your life, since it can trigger an outbreak of the infection. Here are some tips to help you overcome genital herpes pain relief:
- Apply cool non-herbal tea bags to the affected area
- Take a long warm bath
- Place ice-packs onto the affected area
- Take ibuprofen, acetaminophen or aspirin if you experience fever, pain, or aches during the herpes outbreak.
Herpes is not a condition that is pleasant and it can be quite painful, distressing and uncomfortable when you are dealing with a herpes outbreak. That is why it is recommended that you discuss all possible remedies for managing your herpes outbreak effectively.
Warning of Herpes Outbreaks
It is important that you take the time out to learn more about herpes and how it affects your life. The number of people living with herpes in the United States is growing every single day, and that is why you should pay more attention to the warnings of herpes outbreaks.
- Inform your partner about your condition as soon as you are diagnosed with herpes.
- Never engage in sexual activity with your partner during a herpes outbreak, since it increases the chance of transmission.
- If you experience a severe outbreak of herpes, you may need to get admitted to hospital so that proper medical and professional treatment can be administered to manage the outbreak.
With proper knowledge about herpes you can learn to manage your herpes breakout more effectively.